The George F. Schenk Scholarship was established in 2004 by the estate of Margaret T. Schenk, BA '40, BA '41 in honor of her husband, George F. Schenk, a local inventor. The fund provides scholarships to students in the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences (SEAS), with awards restricted to high school students from the eight counties of Western New York.
- Applicant is accepted into the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences
- Applicant must be a resident of one of the following eight counties of Western New York: Allegany, Cattaraugus, Chautauqua, Erie, Genesee, Niagara, Orleans, Wyoming
- Application: Go to eng.buffalo.edu/undergrad/apps/scholarship. UBITName and password are required to apply. Include in your scholarship-specific narrative any additional information you would like the selection committee to consider.
- Recommendation: Letter of recommendation from teacher or advisor is required
- Deadline: March 31
- Scholarship recipient will be chosen by a faculty/staff committee
- Contact Christine Human, Associate Dean for Accreditation and Student Affairs