UBIT supports Microsoft Teams as a video communication option for groups or courses.
For course-based Microsoft Teams, CIT recommends that you configure one master Microsoft Team for your course. Then configure multiple channels within that Team; one for general advice that spans semesters, and one for each semester in which you offer the course.
Example, provided by Matt Helmbrecht for Alina Vereshchaka:
- Ask email@example.com to create a new general Microsoft Team for your course. Request a descriptive name like:
- CSE 446 Reinforcement Learning
- CSE 446 Reinforcement Learning (Vereschchaka)
- Invite your TAs to join your general Microsoft Team.
- Configure channels within the general Microsoft Team to support general advice that spans all semesters as well as per-semester channels to support specific course instances.
- General (Channel) - Set to only allow owners (yourself) to post
- Fall 2021 (Channel) - Keep only yourself and this can serve as an archive
- Spring 2022 (Channel) - Invite TAs