Established in 2007 by James W. McLernon, a 1950 graduate of the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences with a BS in Mechanical Engineering, to provide scholarships to students from his high school (Kenmore West High School) wishing to pursue an engineering education in the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences.
- Kenmore West High School graduating seniors who wish to pursue their higher education at UB in the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences
- Evidence of community service and financial need may be taken into account.
- Applicant is accepted into the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences.
- Scholarship may be awarded for up to 4 years provided the student maintains full-time status, majors in one of the degree programs offered by SEAS and maintains a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Successful student will be required to write a thank you letter to the donor.
- Application: Go to eng.buffalo.edu/undergrad/apps/scholarship. UBITName and password are required to apply. Include in your scholarship specific narrative evidence of your community service (if applicable), and your commitment to academic excellence.
- Recommendation: Letter of recommendation from teacher or advisor is required
- Deadline: March 31
- Scholarship recipient will be chosen by a faculty/staff committee.
- Contact Christine Human, Associate Dean for Accreditation and Student Affairs