The George F. Schenk Scholarship was established in 2004 by the
estate of Margaret T. Schenk, BA '40, BA '41 in honor of her
husband, George F. Schenk, a local inventor. The fund
provides scholarships to students in the School of Engineering and
Applied Sciences (SEAS), with awards restricted to high school
students from the eight counties of Western New York.
- Applicant is accepted into the School of Engineering and
- Applicant must be a resident of one of the following eight
counties of Western New York: Allegany, Cattaraugus, Chautauqua,
Erie, Genesee, Niagara, Orleans, Wyoming
- Application: Go to eng.buffalo.edu/undergrad/apps/scholarship.
UBITName and password are required to apply. Include in your
scholarship-specific narrative any additional information you
would like the selection committee to consider.
- Recommendation: Letter of recommendation from teacher or
advisor is required
- Deadline: March 31
- Scholarship recipient will be chosen by a faculty/staff
- Contact Christine Human, Associate Dean for
Accreditation and Student Affairs