Registration in School of Engineering and Applied Sciences (SEAS) courses is limited to students pursuing a SEAS major or minor. Occasionally, students from outside of SEAS are permitted to register in SEAS classes with proper approval.
Many SEAS classes have additional registration requirements, particularly prerequisites, corequisites, and restrictions to specific majors and/or students who have been fully admitted to SEAS.
Students can submit force registration requests for the following reasons:
1. Prerequisite or Corequisite Missing. This is only accepted if the following conditions apply:
a. Transfer work is in progress or has not been received by UB. Students must supply proof of enrollment and completion of the prerequisite or corequisite courses.
b. Student received an exception to use a specific course in lieu of a prerequisite or corequisite (i.e. the student completed EAS 305 in lieu of EE 305, which is a prerequisite for EE 383).
2. Course is Closed. Be sure to add a different open section or enroll to the waitlist, if available.
3. Time Conflict. Time conflict errors occur when you are trying to enroll in two courses that are at the same time, which is not possible. You will need to select other options.
4. Repeat. Students are permitted to self-enroll in a class twice. Any attempts to register for the class beyond the two permitted must be approved by the department.
5. Permission Required. This pertains to classes that require specific permissions, i.e. Internships, Research, etc.
Force registration into CDA classes (former MFC computing and network management classes) can be requested via an email to email@example.com.
Requests are reviewed on a first-come, first-serve basis. Please allow for additional processing time during high volume periods like open registration.