Adrianne Richardson, civil engineering senior, says there are many classes tailored to all aspects of civil engineering that are helping to prepare her to achieve her professional/educational goals following graduation.
“The civil engineering program at UB is a great fit for me because the curriculum is challenging but never too overwhelming, and the faculty in the program are always available to help and want to see students succeed,” she said.
Additionally, Richardson has been exposed to a large network of successful civil engineers through alumni and networking events on campus, as well as through her involvement in the American Society of Civil Engineers Club at UB.
CSEE AT A GLANCE
Chair: Joseph Atkinson
Full-time Faculty: 33
• 788 Undergraduate
• 215 Graduate
• 35,000 square feet of teaching and research labs
• $5.5 million in annual research expenditures
Research areas in:
• bridge engineering
• computational engineering mechanics
• geomechanics, geotechnical and geoenvironmental engineering
• environmental and water resources engineering
• structural and earthquake engineering
• transportation systems engineering