Duration: If parties are unsure of the duration the
LWOP, it will be the practice of the SEAS Dean’s Office to
authorize it for the shorter period of time and then extend it
versus granting a leave for a longer period of time and then
terminate it early.
- Department submits to Dean’s Office
- Currently M. Monica Vacanti for faculty
- Currently Gena Hoch for staff
- Leave of Absence form
- letter/memo from the faculty/staff member memo requesting the
- letter/memo from the Chair stating whether the Chair endorses
the leave request
- The form and the two letters/memos will be reviewed with the
Associate Dean for Faculty Affairs to determine if they will be
- The forms and two letter/memos will be sent back to the
Department to do the ePTF. The form, two letters/memos and if a
faculty member the person’s CV (requested by the Provost
Office) should be attached to the ePTF and routed through the
normal channels. The Dean’s Office will route the ePTF
through the Provost Office which allows the Vice Provost for
Faculty Affairs to approve it.
- Department can monitor the progress of the ePTF to determine
when it has been fully approved.
LWOP require approval by the Provost and the President. The
Dean is not the final authority.
Last updated December, 2016