Low-dimensional material synthesis and property engineering
- Low-dimensional material synthesis through chemical vapor deposition (CVD) and wet chemical methods. Materials include carbonaceous materials (graphene, graphite oxide, carbon nanotube, carbon nanofiber, etc.), transition metal dichalcogenides (TMDs), hexagonal boron nitride, silicon, metal oxides and their hybrid structures.
- Physical and chemical modifications and property engineering of carbonaceous materials and TMDs, etc.
Low-dimensional materials for energy storage and conversion
- Electrochemical energy storage systems (including batteries, symmetric/asymmetric supercapacitors and Li-ion capacitors) based on low-dimensional materials and their applications for future flexible, wearable devices.
- Electrocatalysis for energy conversion, including fuel cells and metal-air batteries, etc.
- Environmental electrochemistry, including electrochemical sensors, materials corrosion and prevention.