The Department of Biomedical Engineering has been awarded
accreditation from ABET - Accreditation Board for Engineering and
ABET is a nonprofit, non-governmental organization that serves
the public globally through the promotion and advancement of
education in applied science, computing, engineering, and
engineering technology. ABET:
- Accredits educational programs.
- Promotes quality and innovation in education.
- Consults and assists in the development and advancement of
- Communicates and collaborates with its constituents and the
- Anticipates and prepares for the changing educational
environment and the future needs of its constituents.
- Manages its operations and resources in an effective and
fiscally responsible manner.