The Department of Biomedical Engineering has been awarded accreditation from ABET - Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology.
ABET is a nonprofit, non-governmental organization that serves the public globally through the promotion and advancement of education in applied science, computing, engineering, and engineering technology. ABET:
- Accredits educational programs.
- Promotes quality and innovation in education.
- Consults and assists in the development and advancement of education worldwide.
- Communicates and collaborates with its constituents and the public.
- Anticipates and prepares for the changing educational environment and the future needs of its constituents.
- Manages its operations and resources in an effective and fiscally responsible manner.