The health and safety of our campers and their families is extremely important to us. To keep campers, chaperones, parents and UB staff safe, the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences is taking the following precautions in addition to abiding by UB's Health & Safety Guidelines:
- All participants will adhere to hygiene, cleaning and disinfection requirements from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Department of Health (DOH).
- UB will provide and maintain hand hygiene stations: handwashing with soap, running warm water, and disposable paper towels.
- Campers will be gifted with travel sized refillable alcohol-based hand sanitizer containing 60% or more alcohol for areas where handwashing is not available/practical.
- UB staff will regularly clean and disinfect equipment and toys using the Department of Environmental Conservation’s (DEC) list of products identified by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) as effective against COVID-19.
- Campers will be limited from using supplies that can’t be easily cleaned/sanitized (e.g. dress-up clothes, puppets).
UB staff and children will practice good hygiene in the following instances:
- Upon arrival to the first program activity;
- Between all program activities;
- After using the restroom;
- Before eating; and
- Before departing the last program activity.
*COVID Safety policies may be subject to change as new requirements and best practices are provided by the CDC, Erie County and UB's Department of Environment, Health and Safety.