Isabel Hall, a junior environment engineering student, discovered environmental engineering after arriving at UB. In addition to coursework, she runs a summer science program, Inspiring Future Engineers for local youth. For the past year, Hall has conducted undergraduate research on menstrual health maintenance in low-resource regions.
“Research under faculty mentorship has allowed me to explore how environmental engineering can bring social change to the developing world, and inspired me to create change in my local community,” says Hall. “The CSEE department encourages me to pursue my unique interests through departmental research, a tailored curriculum, and internship opportunities."
CSEE AT A GLANCE
Chair: Joseph Atkinson
Full-time Faculty: 33
• 788 Undergraduate
• 215 Graduate
• 35,000 square feet of teaching and research labs
• $5.5 million in annual research expenditures
Research areas in:
• bridge engineering
• computational engineering mechanics
• geomechanics, geotechnical and geoenvironmental engineering
• environmental and water resources engineering
• structural and earthquake engineering
• transportation systems engineering