Anandharam Mourougassamy is a senior civil engineering student who will graduate with a bachelor’s degree in three years. Originally from India, Mourougassamy began taking summer classes and working in different labs with faculty after his freshman year.
He worked with assistant professor Ranade in the Department’s materials lab, and he received author credit (as a research assistant), when a paper on the research project was published in a conference in Germany. Mourougassamy also worked as a teaching assistant and participated in another research project during his time with UB.
Originally from India, Mourougassamy took advantage of the open-door policy most faculty members within the department have. He participated in ASCE as a freshman and encourages others to get involved.
CSEE AT A GLANCE
Chair: Joseph Atkinson
Full-time Faculty: 33
41 Nations represented
• 590 Undergraduate
• 215 Graduate
• 59,688 square feet of teaching and research labs across two buildings
• $5.5 million in annual research expenditures
Research areas in:
• bridge engineering
• computational engineering mechanics
• geomechanics, geotechnical and geoenvironmental engineering
• environmental and water resources engineering
• structural and earthquake engineering
• transportation systems engineering