Lisa Derrigan, PE is a senior project engineer at GHD, an international professional services company. GHD provides engineering architecture, environmental and construction services to private and public clients throughout the markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings and transportation.
Derrigan’s path to her current position was somewhat atypical. She works primarily on studies, evaluations and planning projects for clients. Her current position allows her to do some independent work, and also gives her an opportunity to work collaboratively on larger projects. She most often works on wastewater and drinking water projects for local municipalities.
She chose UB because of the honors program; something Derrigan says helped make the big university a little more intimate. While at UB, she was involved in ASCE, Tau Beta Pi and helped start the student chapter of New York Water Environment Association (NYWEA).
CSEE AT A GLANCE
Chair: Joseph Atkinson
Full-time Faculty: 33
41 Nations represented
• 788 Undergraduate
• 215 Graduate
• 59,688 square feet of teaching and research labs across two buildings
• $5.5 million in annual research expenditures
Research areas in:
• bridge engineering
• computational engineering mechanics
• geomechanics, geotechnical and geoenvironmental engineering
• environmental and water resources engineering
• structural and earthquake engineering
• transportation systems engineering