We are here for you every step of the way. Really. See everything we do to keep you perfectly on track for a timely graduation.

Group of UB students at commencement in caps and gowns

You'll follow a structured guidance process to ensure you'll graduate in four.

Getting guidance on course selection

It is important that you make informed decisions about which courses to take each semester. Mistakes can cost you a semester or even a year delay in graduating. Please study the information found on this site carefully, and don't hesitate to seek advice if you are ever uncertain about what to do. Here are some resources for getting academic advice.

The first person you should turn to about CBE-related degree questions.
If you do not have an academic advisor, or if your advisor is unable to assist, seek help from a member of the undergraduate committee.
For questions not specific to CBE such as transferring courses, general education requirements, or checking your official records, contact the SEAS Office of Undergraduate Education.
Effective learning happens in a setting where students feel happy, comfortable and secure. We are here to help with concerns causing you stress.
If you need to be forced into a Chemical Engineering course please complete and submit the form below. We are only able to force you into Chemical Engineering courses (CE). For force registration assistance for courses in other departments, you must speak with the faculty member for the course or a representative from that department for assistance. Submitting this form does not guarantee you will be registered into the course. You can expect to be contacted within 3 business days with an update regarding your request.
Advice from Alumni

After the professor spends ten minutes writing up an equation, ask how that can be applied using real-life examples. -Glenn Walnicki, BS 2000